Pulled Mushroom Sandwich
Fancy a BBQ-style pulled chicken sandwich? Pull long threads from the stem of the king oyster mushroom with a fork for vegan pulled chicken that is indistinguishable from real pulled chicken.
What do you need?
Ingredients pulled mushroom
- 400 g king oyster mushrooms
- 2 tsp smoked paprika (Pimentón)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp oil
- 4 tbsp Saus.Guru’s Champions Choice sauce
- 4 (hamburger)buns
- 1 small carrot
- ⅛ red cabbage
- ¼ white cabbage
- 1 el vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tl apple cider vinegar
- 1 tl agave syrup
How do you make this dish?
- Grab the king oyster mushroom by the cap with a pair of kitchen tongs. With a fork, pull threads from the stem of the mushroom. Keep going until the stem completely consists of threads, pull the last part apart with your hands.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Stir the pulled mushroom with the paprika , salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the pulled mushroom for 2 min. on high heat. Stir and fry for a further 4 min. Stir regularly.
- Mix the pulled mushroom with the sauce and divide over a baking tray lined with baking paper. Roast in the oven for 15 min.
- Meanwhile, make the coleslaw. Grate the carrot, finely chop the cabbage. Mix the finely chopped cabbage, carrot, mayonnaise, vinegar and agave together.
- Cut the buns open, heat some (plant based) butter or oil in a pan and fry for 2 minutes on the cut side.
- Top the buns with coleslaw, pulled mushroom and extra sauce.
Enjoy your meal and, above all, savour the mushrooms!